Anime Ultima RP
Anime Ultima RP
Anime Ultima RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime Ultima RP

A place to role-play in any anime world imaginable. If it's not there, create it!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Story-read

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kimoyo

Kimoyo

Story-read Empty
PostSubject: Story-read   Story-read Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 8:47 pm

496 million years before dinosaurs, organism much like humans in appearance and function roamed the earth in a society ruled by magic and knowledge. But in this society where war was unknown and scholars were rulers of all humans were not alone. Living with and beside then were what seemed to be humans with animal characteristics and knowledge vaster than that of humans in the fields of magic and nature. These two races were rarely coupled in harmony and able to produce a child, but when a couple of human and these anthropomorphic humans birthed a child this child would have vast knowledge of magic and the world around it. One such couple (Alicia and Patrick) had given birth to a female child that they name Kaira. She would grow as a happy girl attached to her mother when ever possible. At the age of 16 Kaira came home to find her father standing over her beloved mother his hands wrung around the neck of her mother’s limp body as he turned to Kaira. As he slowly began to stumble towards her, with slow deliberate steps, as she screams for her mother but was too frightened to move. While she stood there, knees shaking, her sadness began to shift into anger and instead of yelling for her mother she began to clench her jaw as she stare in the eyes of her murderous father. While her anger grew she drew upon the massive power that what inside her and balled her hand into a fist tight enough it broke the skin of her palm. As she ran towards her father with intent to kill him her magic had been drawn to her hand as she focused solely on making it contact her father. As she jumped and threw her fist around her with all her might and made contact with his face instantly causing him to fly against the wall, breaking through it, but also causing all the magical energy she had built up in her first to release all at once making an arcane blast so immense and power it wiped all organic and inorganic life from the planet, all but her own. As her rage subsided and she began to calm to her normal state she fell to the ground, without energy to keep her conscience she fell into a deep, magic powered, slumber, to be asleep until her power had regenerated enough for her to awake again. She was asleep for nearly 100 years before she awoke again. She wandered the earth, new to her eyes, for 50 days before her magical energy had grown enough to break through what had recovered of the magical barrier she had around her hand, that had only partially recovered since she broke it killing her father, and cause another mass extinction, only this time leaving some evidence and from the time that we now call the Ordovician-Silurian period. She awoke 4 other times with this manner in what we call the Late Devonian period, Permian-Triassic period, End Triassic period, and the Cretaceous-Tertiary period. Only once was she to wake with out destroying the planet during the times we know as the Middle Ages, the humans of the middle ages were a group of bandits hearing that there were vast riches to be found where she had slumbered. When they found her laying thought her dead and began to search as one of bandits dropped his sword and the echo of the loud and vibrant sound of the sword hitting the rocks beneath it with a clang next to the head of a still slumbering Kaira. She quickly woke and sat up and looked at the bandits rubbing her eyes as the bandits stare in blind fear that they had woken the dead and quickly fled. Kaira followed them for as far as she could then began to wander and found a town of farmers. As she approached she saw that the inhabitants were humans, most dressed in tattered, worn, and dirtied clothes. As she slowly began to subdue her anger thinking hopefully that these humans were different from the kind her father were. The closer she got to the center of the town the more the in habitants of the town began to wonder who she was and where she came from, as she was dressed in clothing none of them and with an appearance never told in stories before, until one visitor to the town, dressed in a vibrant red clothing with a small four-limbed winged creature on her shoulder and a wooden staff in hand, gently pushed her way through the crowd and gently put her hand on Kaira’s shoulder. Kaira tensed as the strange woman came around her to face her and slowly got down on one knee and asked with a heavenly voice that reminded Kaira of her mother “Excuse me, little lady, may I ask where you have come from?”. Kaira, remembering that the woman talking to her was still human, looked away after a moment. The lady smiled and gently put her hand on Kaira’s head and slowly turned her head and said with a slight laugh,” Do not fear me I will not hurt you. I would only like to know who you are and where you have come from or would you prefer to talk to me somewhere that you can rest in?” Kaira, still not willing to speak, gently nodded hoping to get away from the crowd of humans and possibly fill her stomach once again and followed the woman clad in red cloth as she walked to a large stone tower, stepped inside, and showed her a seat which Kaira slowly sat in as the woman walked away for a moment. As she looked around Kaira noticed that there where larger wooden bookshelves filled to the brim with books with strange titles and saw one next to her and began to reach for it as the lady came back dress in a bright white robe and carrying a small tray of food and drink. As she set the tray in Kaira’s lap she sat next to her and lightly said, “I can see that you are interested in reading.” Smiling gently she lightly and caringly picked up the book that Kaira had reached for, gently running her finger across the title as she sighed gently and said “My name is Alice, by the way, and it’s nice to meet you. Might I ask what your name is?” Kaira cough slightly as she took a drink seeing a resemblance in Alice’s and her mother’s then, in a very low almost whisper said” My name is Kaira.” Alice smiled gently and slowly put her hand on Kaira’s and gently gasped as she, being a magician, could feel the magical energy slowly pouring out of the broken barrier in her hand. ”Kaira might I ask how you managed to break the barrier that holds your magic in control?” she asked worriedly. Kaira sighed gently and took her hand back a slowly began to tell Alice the story of her life. “… Then I ended up here. All alone and stuck as I was when it happened.” She ended as she rested her head on her knees after pulling her feet up into the chair. Alice sat there and look Kaira square in the eyes and put her hand on Kaira’s saying slowly “If you would like I can repair that barrier so you don’t have to be alone again, although I believe that your age will never change because of how long you have been as you are.” Kaira looked up at her, with a small smile, “Really? You can do that?” Alice smiled and nodded “The only thing I will not be able to do is hide your ears and tail from others.” Kaira’s smile widened slightly “I don’t want to lose everything, can we just say it was an accident of some sort?” Alice smiled at her enthusiasm “Of course we can but I will also have to teach you how to control these powers that you have contained inside of you.” Kaira’s smile faded slightly “My teachers had tried to teach me control over it and I was never able to master it completely.” Alice stood and placed her hand on Kaira’s head as she looked up “We have time I will teach you as much as I can, alright?” Kaira smiled as she finally noticed the winged animal on Alice’s shoulder, “Um sorry to offend you but what exactly is that on your shoulder?” Alice looked at it as it rubbed it’s head on her cheek, “This little creature is called a dragon. They can also sense magic only thing is they can not use it as we can. He helped me learn what magic I know now and his name is Hughe.” Kaira gently waved at the little creature shyly saying, “Hello Hughe.” Upon hearing his name being called he look at Kaira and gently leaped off of Alice’s shoulder and landed on Kaira’s head gently sniffing it then lies down on it gently. “Well it seems that he approves of you as well.” Alice said smiling gently. Kaira smiled and her trust in Alice and Hughe had began to grow as she spent time with them. As time passed Kaira learned that Alice was the town healer and entertainer during the special events, making mystical showers of light appear from no where. Kaira was also taught how to tend to fields by the villagers and how to control her magic by Alice and Hughe. As she began to learn how to control her magic better and how to help around the town, only feeling vulnerable when the town would be attacked by raiders or bandits. When she began to get fed up with the town not bieng able to progress because of the raiders always coming in and taking all that they had she asked Alice and Hughe to teach her how to use offensive magics. In response to this request Alice said "We will teach you but only if you promise to only use this magic to defend. If you use the magic in revenge or anger you will be bound and trapped inside of a book that will be bound until someone opens it and even then you will be bound to them." Kaira looked down thinking it over then lifted her head look Alice in the eyes and said "I will do what ever it takes to defend this village and its people." Alice smiled and nodded as Hughe jumped onto Kairas's head and laid down as Alice said, "We will start training you tommorow so get some sleep tonight but until then go practice with a sword you will be needing to know how to use one when i teach you how to use the magic." Kaira stared at her abit confused then smiled and ran off to the blacksmith to ask if she could craft her own sword. As the days passed and Kaira learned to use a sword properly and to use the magics that Alice and Hughe taught her she began to defend the town when people came to try and steal what they had. She had become renowned as a hero for the unfortunate and many had come to challenge her to a battle thinking that she was just a woman and couldn't harm them. Though she had almost always refused these challenges, accepting only when they attacked first or threatened to attack the town if she didn't fight, and despite her bieng known around the populace as an excellent bandits still attempted to ransack the town always being stopped by Kaira. Slowly the town began to grow as people began to move there to get away from crime and people that they had put their trust in but were betrayed. As the town grew Kaira had more to protect and had begin to build a wall around the village when a band of raiders had walked up to her, the leader stepping forward to challenge her. After he issuedf his challenge Kaira simply said, "Sorry, I am a little busy at the moment." The leader of the raiders, angered by her remark, stepped forward and kicked down a small portion of the wall and knocked down a villager that was helping her. Kaira jumped down from where she was and helped the villager up telling him not to worry about the wall and to go home. As the villager ran, not home but to go get Alice, the raider leader laughed saying, "They say that your the strongest person to ever live, I knew that they were lying. How could someone like you with 'compassion' ever hope to beat me?" Kaira looked at him and said confidently, "I can fight, and win, against people like you because i fight not for myself or material items. I fight for a proper reason that is worth fighting for, something a theif such as yourself would never understand." As Kaira turned to leave for the day the leader of the raider picked up one of the stones and threw it at her claiming her to be a coward. As she stepped to the side and grabbed the stone out of the air and set it down she looked at them and said, "I would recommend that you leave now." The band of raiders all laughed as their leader yelled, "And what could you, a lowly woman, do to stop us!?". "Well I could kill you but that just wouldnt be me so i would still recommend that you leave." The leader laughed and unsheathed his sword and pointed the tip towards her, you either fight me or i kill everyone in this town." As he said this Alice ran up behind Kaira and put her hand on the hilt of her sword as Kaira said, "Don't worry Alice i can handle them". Alice just nodded and stepped back as Kaira drew her sword saying to the raiders, "If I fight you, and win, then you and your men must leave this village alone and never return, you hear me?". The leader just laughed and said "Fine but if I win our duel then this town must give all that it has to me and my men." Kaira looked him straight in the eyes saying, "If i must then i will." As Kaira unsheathed he sword the raider leader ran at her swinging his sword with a downward slash aimed for her head. As she blocked his attack with her sword she thrust he foot into his gut forcing him back. As he stepped forward and swung Kaira side-stepped and took his sword from him and pushed the tip into the ground and pointed her sword at him. "You have lost this battle now leave this place." she said as he stood. He began to turn but instead of leaving he took a dagger from his belt and threw it at Alice hitting her in the shoulder. Kaira, angered by his action, slowly said an incantation to a powerful spell that Alice had taught her. As she finish the spell the raiders and there leader fell to the ground and screamed as if they were on fire and slowly died as Kaira ran to Alice. Alice was already healing her wound when Kaira got to her. "Are you alright Alice?" Kaira said worriedly. "I am fine Kaira, but you have broken your promise to me. I am very sorry Kaira, but i have to do this you. I love you." Alice said as she spoke the spell to bind her to a book until she was released for breaking the promise that she would not use magic for revenge or in anger. "I will miss you Kaira" Alice said as she finished the spell and Kaira began to dissapear as she changed into the book she would be for many years. Hughe jumped from Alice's shoulder and placed his claw upon the book and left a print there to leave the book sealed for years. Alice, now with tears running down her cheek, gently picked up the book and held it close to her as Hughe jumped back on her shoulder and rub his head on her cheek as she slowly walked home. When she got there she gently set the book on a pedestal where it would stay for many years. Alice knew that someone would have to defend the town and that she would have to train another to protect the village but today was a day of mourning as she had lost the closest thing to a daughter she had ever had. As time passd Kaira, trapped in the book, was able to see very little that was happening outside of the book and while she was in the book time had passed much slower than it did outside.
Back to top Go down
Kimoyo

Kimoyo

Story-read Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story-read   Story-read Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 3:18 pm

KIARA’S BEGINNING-Revised(a little)

496 million years before dinosaurs, organism much like humans in appearance and function roamed the earth in a society ruled by magic and knowledge. But in this society where war was unknown and scholars were rulers of all, humans were not alone. Living with and beside them were what seemed to be humans with animal characteristics and knowledge vaster than that of humans in the fields of magic and nature. These two races were coupled in harmony and rarely able to produce a child, but when a couple of a human and these anthropomorphic humans birthed a child this child would have vast knowledge of magic and the world around it. One such couple (Alicia and Patrick) had given birth to a female child that they name Kaira.

She would grow as a happy girl attached to her mother whenever possible. At the age of 16, Kaira came home to find her father standing over her beloved mother his hands wrung around the neck of her mother’s limp body as he turned to Kaira. As he slowly began to stumble towards her, with slow deliberate steps she screams for her mother but was too frightened to move. While she stood there, knees shaking, her sadness began to shift into anger and instead of yelling for her mother she began to clench her jaw as she stare in the eyes of her murderous father. While her anger grew she drew upon the massive power that was inside her and balled her hand into a fist so tight it broke the skin of her palm. As she ran towards her father with intent to kill him her magic had been drawn to her hand as she focused solely on making contact with her father. As she jumped and threw her fist around her with all her might and made contact with his face instantly causing him to fly against the wall, breaking through it, but also causing all the magical energy she had built up in her first to release all at once making an arcane blast so immense and powerful it wiped all organic and inorganic life from the planet, all but her own.

As her rage subsided and she began to calm to her normal state she fell to the ground, without energy to keep her conscience she fell into a deep, magic powered, slumber, to be asleep until her power had regenerated enough for her to awake again. She was asleep for nearly 100 years before she awoke again. She wandered the earth, new to her eyes, for fifty days before her magical energy had grown powerful enough to break through what had recovered of the magical barrier she had around her hand, that had only partially recovered since she broke it killing her father, and cause another mass extinction, only this time leaving some evidence and from the time that we now call the Ordovician-Silurian period. She awoke four other times with this manner in what we call the Late Devonian period, Permian-Triassic period, End Triassic period, and the Cretaceous-Tertiary period.

Only once was she to wake without destroying the planet during the times we know as the Middle Ages, the humans of the middle ages were a group of bandits hearing that there were vast riches to be found where she had slumbered. When they found her laying thought her dead and began to search as one of bandits dropped his sword and the echo of the loud and vibrant sound of the sword hitting the rocks beneath it with a clang next to the head of a still slumbering Kaira. She quickly woke and sat up and looked at the bandits rubbing her eyes as the bandits stare in blind fear that they had woken the dead and quickly fled. Kaira followed them for as far as she could, then she began to wander and found a town of farmers.

As she approached she saw that the inhabitants were humans, most dressed in tattered, worn, and dirtied clothes. As she slowly began to subdue her anger thinking hopefully that these humans were different from the kind her father were. The closer she got to the center of the town the more the inhabitants of the town began to wonder who she was and where she came from, as she was dressed in clothing none of them had ever seen and with an appearance never told in stories before, until one resident of the town dressed in a vibrant red clothing with a small four-limbed winged creature on her shoulder and a wooden staff in hand, gently pushed her way through the crowd and gently put her hand on Kaira’s shoulder. Kaira tensed as the strange woman came around her to face her and slowly got down on one knee and asked with a heavenly voice that reminded Kaira of her mother, “Excuse me, little lady, may I ask where you have come from?” Kaira, remembering that the woman talking to her was still human, looked away after a moment. The lady smiled and gently put her hand on Kaira’s head and slowly turned her head and said with a slight laugh, "Do not fear me I will not hurt you. I would only like to know who you are and where you have come from or would you prefer to talk to me somewhere that you can rest in?” Kaira, still not willing to speak, gently nodded hoping to get away from the crowd of humans and possibly fill her stomach once again and followed the woman clad in red cloth as she walked to a large stone tower, stepped inside, and showed her a seat which Kaira slowly sat in as the woman walked away for a moment. As she looked around Kaira noticed that there where larger wooden bookshelves filled to the brim with books with strange titles and saw one next to her and began to reach for it as the lady came back dress in a bright white robe and carrying a small tray of food and drink. As she set the tray in Kaira’s lap she sat next to her and lightly said, “I can see that you are interested in reading.” Smiling gently she lightly and caringly picked up the book that Kaira had reached for, gently running her finger across the title as she sighed gently and said “My name is Alice, by the way, and it’s nice to meet you. Might I ask what your name is?”

Kaira coughed slightly as she took a drink seeing a resemblance between Alice and mother, in a very low almost whisper said, “My name is Kaira.” Alice smiled gently and slowly put her hand on Kaira’s and gently gasped as she, being a magician, could feel the magical energy slowly pouring out of the broken barrier in her hand.
“Kaira might I ask how you managed to break the barrier that holds your magic in control?” she asked worriedly. Kaira sighed gently and took her hand back and slowly began to tell Alice the story of her life. She ended as she rested her head on her knees after pulling her feet up into the chair. Alice sat there and look Kaira square in the eyes and put her hand on Kaira’s saying slowly, “If you would like I can repair that barrier so you don’t have to be alone again, although I believe that your age will never change because of how long you have been as you are.”

Kaira looked up at her with a grand smile, “Really? You can do that?” Alice smiled and nodded, “The only thing I will not be able to do is hide your ears and tail from others.” Kaira’s smile widened slightly “I don’t want to lose everything, can we just say it was an accident of some sort?” Alice smiled at her enthusiasm, “Of course we can but I will also have to teach you how to control these powers that you have contained inside of you.” Kaira’s smile faded slightly “My teachers had tried to teach me control over it and I was never able to master it completely.” Alice stood and placed her hand on Kaira’s head as she looked up “We have time I will teach you as much as I can, alright?” Kaira smiled as she finally noticed the winged animal on Alice’s shoulder, “Um sorry to offend you but what exactly is that on your shoulder?” Alice looked at it as it rubbed it’s head on her cheek, “This little creature is called a dragon. They can also sense magic only thing is they cannot use it as we can. He helped me learn what magic I know now and his name is Hughe.” Kaira gently waved at the little creature shyly saying, “Hello Hughe.” Upon hearing his name being called he look at Kaira and gently leaped off of Alice’s shoulder and landed on Kaira’s head gently sniffing it then lies down on it gently. “Well it seems that he approves of you as well.” Alice said smiling gently. Kaira smiled and her trust in Alice and Hughe had begun to grow as she spent time with them.

As time passed Kaira learned that Alice was the town healer and entertainer during the special events, making mystical showers of light appear from nowhere. Kaira was also taught how to tend to the villager’s fields and how to control her magic by Alice and Hughe. As she began to learn how to better control her magic and how to help around the town, she only felt vulnerable when the town would be attacked by raiders or bandits. She began to get fed up with the town not being able to progress when the raiders came and took all that they had. She asked Alice and Hughe to teach her how to use offensive magic. In response to this request Alice said, "We will teach you but only if you promise to use this magic to just defend. If you use the magic in revenge or anger you will be bound and trapped inside of a book that will be sealed until someone opens it and even then you will be bound to that person."

Kaira looked down thinking it over, then lifted her head, looked Alice in the eyes and said, "I will do whatever it takes to defend this village and its people." Alice smiled and nodded as Hughe jumped onto Kairas's head and lay down as Alice said, "We will start training you tomorrow so get some sleep tonight but until then go practice with a sword you will need to know how to use one when I teach you how to use the magic." Kaira stared at her slightly confused then smiled and ran off to the blacksmith to ask if she could craft her own sword. As the days passed and Kaira learned to use a sword properly and to use the magic that Alice and Hughe taught her she began to defend the town when people came to try and steal what they had. She had become renowned as a hero for the unfortunate and many had come to challenge her to a battle thinking that she was just a woman and couldn't harm them.

Though she had almost always refused these challenges, accepting only when they attacked first or threatened to attack the town if she didn't fight, and despite her being known around the populace as an excellent bandit still attempted to ransack the town always being stopped by Kaira. Slowly the town began to grow as people began to move there to get away from crime and betrayal. As the town grew Kaira had more to protect and had begin to build a wall around the village when a band of raiders had walked up to her, the leader stepping forward to challenge her. After he issued his challenge Kaira simply said, "Sorry, I am a little busy at the moment." The leader of the raiders, angered by her remark, stepped forward and kicked down a small portion of the wall and knocked down a villager that was helping her. Kaira jumped down from where she was and helped the villager up telling him not to worry about the wall and to go home. As the villager ran, not home but to go get Alice, the raider leader laughed saying, "They say that you’re the strongest person to ever live, I knew that they were lying. How could someone like you with 'compassion' ever hope to beat me?"

Kaira looked at him and said confidently, "I can fight, and win, against people like you because I fight not for myself or material items. I fight for a proper reason that is worth fighting for, something a thief such as yourself would never understand." As Kaira turned to leave for the day the leader of the raiders picked up one of the stones and threw it at her claiming her to be a coward. As she stepped to the side and grabbed the stone out of the air and set it down she looked at them and said, "I would recommend that you leave now." The band of raiders all laughed as their leader yelled, "And what could you, a lowly woman, do to stop us!?"
"Well I could kill you but that just wouldn’t be me so I would still recommend that you leave."
The leader laughed and unsheathed his sword and pointed the tip towards her, you either fight me or I’ll kill everyone in this town." As he said this Alice ran up behind Kaira and put her hand on the hilt of her sword as Kaira said, "Don't worry Alice I can handle them".

Alice just nodded and stepped back as Kaira drew her sword saying to the raiders, "If I fight you, and win, then you and your men must leave this village alone and never return, you hear me?" The leader just laughed and said, "Fine but if I win our duel then this town must give all that it has to me and my men." Kaira looked him straight in the eyes saying, "If I must then I will." As Kaira unsheathed he sword the raider leader ran at her swinging his sword with a downward slash aimed for her head. As she blocked his attack with her sword she thrust he foot into his gut forcing him back. As he stepped forward and swung Kaira side-stepped and took his sword from him and pushed the tip into the ground and pointed her sword at him. "You have lost this battle now leave this place." she said as he stood. He began to turn but instead of leaving he took a dagger from his belt and threw it at Alice hitting her in the shoulder. Kaira, angered by his action, ran at him with her sword tip pointed at his heart, chanting a spell that would bind him into stone, forever living as a statue, but as he went to parry her attack with his sword he had yet to noticed that she had hardened her sword into a material stronger than his. As she thrust forward she gritted her teeth, piercing through his sword and straight through his heart. As he turned into solid stone she flipped the blade over inside him and pushed the blade, edge first, towards his shoulder, severing it from its socket. As she sheathed her sword, his severed arm fell and hit the ground shattering it into pieces. Kaira turned and walked towards Alice as the rest of the bandits began to run in fear of having the same fate as their leader.

Alice was already healing her wound when Kaira got to her. "Are you alright Alice?" Kaira said worriedly. "I am fine Kaira, but you have broken your promise to me. I am very sorry Kaira, but I have to do this you. I love you." Alice said as she spoke the spell to bind her to a book until she was released, while tears rolled down her cheeks. "I will miss you Kaira" Alice said as she finished the spell and Kaira began to disappear as she changed into the form she would be for many years, a simple book. As the trasformation finished, Hughe jumped from Alice's shoulder and placed his claw upon the book and left a print there to leave the book sealed for years. Alice, now with tears running down her cheek, gently picked up the book and held it close to her as Hughe jumped back on her shoulder and rub his head on her cheek as she slowly walked home. When she got there she gently set the book on a pedestal where it would stay for many years. Alice knew that someone would have to defend the town and that she would have to train another to protect the village but today was a day of mourning as she had lost the closest thing to a daughter she had ever had. As time passed Kaira, trapped in the book, was able to see very little that was happening outside of the book and while she was in the book time had passed many times slower than it did outside. What was is one minute in Kiara’s new home was ten years on Earth.
Back to top Go down
Kimoyo

Kimoyo

Story-read Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story-read   Story-read Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 11:10 am

Made a few changes at the end and quite a lot in the opening so you have to read the whole thing.

496 million years before dinosaurs, organism much like humans in appearance and function roamed the earth in a society ruled by magic and knowledge. But in this society, where war was unknown and scholars were rulers of all, humans were not alone. Living with and beside them were what seemed to be humans with animal characteristics and knowledge vaster than that of humans in the fields of magic and nature. These two races were coupled in harmony and rarely able to produce a child, but if a couple of a human and these anthropomorphic humans birthed a child this child would have vast knowledge of magic and the world around it. One such couple (Alicia and Palric) had given birth to a female child that they name Kaira.

Kaira would grow as a happy girl attached to her mother whenever possible. As Kaira grew up, her father seemed to slowly become someone else. These changes came slowly at first but slowly began to come in rapid succession. At times, the man would be as he was when Kaira was born, at others he would be a man of complete different disposition. He had begun to slowly change appearance as well, his eyes slowly shifting from a dark yellow to a heavy shade of scarlet, his hair growing longer and faster than before and changing colour, from black to red. At the day of her sixteenth year, Kaira came home to find her father, his skin a paler colour than it had been in the morning and his eyes seemingly on fire, standing over her beloved mother his hands wrung around the neck of her mother’s limp body as he turned to Kaira. As he slowly began to stumble towards her, with slow deliberate steps she screams for her mother but was too frightened to move. While she stood there, knees shaking, her sadness began to shift into anger and instead of yelling for her mother she began to clench her jaw as she stare in the eyes of her murderous father. While her anger grew she drew upon the massive power that was inside her and balled her hand into a fist so tight it broke the skin of her palm. As she ran towards her father with intent to kill him her magic had been drawn to her hand as she focused solely on making contact with her father. As she jumped and threw her fist around her with all her might and made contact with his face instantly causing him to fly against the wall, breaking through it, but also causing all the magical energy she had built up in her first to release all at once making an arcane blast so immense and powerful it wiped all organic and inorganic life from the planet, all but her own.

As her rage subsided and she began to calm to her normal state she fell to the ground, without energy to keep her conscience she fell into a deep, magic powered, slumber, to be asleep until her power had regenerated enough for her to awake again. She was asleep for nearly 100 years before she awoke again. She wandered the earth, new to her eyes, for fifty days before her magical energy had grown powerful enough to break through what had recovered of the magical barrier she had around her hand, that had only partially recovered since she broke it killing her father, and cause another mass extinction, only this time leaving some evidence and from the time that we now call the Ordovician-Silurian period. She awoke four other times with this manner in what we call the Late Devonian period, Permian-Triassic period, End Triassic period, and the Cretaceous-Tertiary period.

Only once was she to wake without destroying the planet during the times we know as the Middle Ages, the humans of the middle ages were a group of bandits hearing that there were vast riches to be found where she had slumbered. When they found her laying thought her dead and began to search as one of bandits dropped his sword and the echo of the loud and vibrant sound of the sword hitting the rocks beneath it with a clang next to the head of a still slumbering Kaira. She quickly woke and sat up and looked at the bandits rubbing her eyes as the bandits stare in blind fear that they had woken the dead and quickly fled. Kaira followed them for as far as she could, then she began to wander and found a town of farmers.

As she approached she saw that the inhabitants were humans, most dressed in tattered, worn, and dirtied clothes. As she slowly began to subdue her anger thinking hopefully that these humans were different from the kind her father were. The closer she got to the center of the town the more the inhabitants of the town began to wonder who she was and where she came from, as she was dressed in clothing none of them had ever seen and with an appearance never told in stories before, until one resident of the town dressed in a vibrant red clothing with a small four-limbed winged creature on her shoulder and a wooden staff in hand, gently pushed her way through the crowd and gently put her hand on Kaira’s shoulder. Kaira tensed as the strange woman came around her to face her and slowly got down on one knee and asked with a heavenly voice that reminded Kaira of her mother, “Excuse me, little lady, may I ask where you have come from?” Kaira, remembering that the woman talking to her was still human, looked away after a moment. The lady smiled and gently put her hand on Kaira’s head and slowly turned her head and said with a slight laugh, "Do not fear me I will not hurt you. I would only like to know who you are and where you have come from or would you prefer to talk to me somewhere that you can rest in?” Kaira, still not willing to speak, gently nodded hoping to get away from the crowd of humans and possibly fill her stomach once again and followed the woman clad in red cloth as she walked to a large stone tower, stepped inside, and showed her a seat which Kaira slowly sat in as the woman walked away for a moment. As she looked around Kaira noticed that there where larger wooden bookshelves filled to the brim with books with strange titles and saw one next to her and began to reach for it as the lady came back dress in a bright white robe and carrying a small tray of food and drink. As she set the tray in Kaira’s lap she sat next to her and lightly said, “I can see that you are interested in reading.” Smiling gently she lightly and caringly picked up the book that Kaira had reached for, gently running her finger across the title as she sighed gently and said “My name is Alice, by the way, and it’s nice to meet you. Might I ask what your name is?”

Kaira coughed slightly as she took a drink seeing a resemblance between Alice and mother, in a very low almost whisper said, “My name is Kaira.” Alice smiled gently and slowly put her hand on Kaira’s and gently gasped as she, being a magician, could feel the magical energy slowly pouring out of the broken barrier in her hand.
“Kaira might I ask how you managed to break the barrier that holds your magic in control?” she asked worriedly. Kaira sighed gently and took her hand back and slowly began to tell Alice the story of her life. She ended as she rested her head on her knees after pulling her feet up into the chair. Alice sat there and look Kaira square in the eyes and put her hand on Kaira’s saying slowly, “If you would like I can repair that barrier so you don’t have to be alone again, although I believe that your age will never change because of how long you have been as you are.”

Kaira looked up at her with a grand smile, “Really? You can do that?” Alice smiled and nodded, “The only thing I will not be able to do is hide your ears and tail from others.” Kaira’s smile widened slightly “I don’t want to lose everything, can we just say it was an accident of some sort?” Alice smiled at her enthusiasm, “Of course we can but I will also have to teach you how to control these powers that you have contained inside of you.” Kaira’s smile faded slightly “My teachers had tried to teach me control over it and I was never able to master it completely.” Alice stood and placed her hand on Kaira’s head as she looked up “We have time I will teach you as much as I can, alright?” Kaira smiled as she finally noticed the winged animal on Alice’s shoulder, “Um sorry to offend you but what exactly is that on your shoulder?” Alice looked at it as it rubbed it’s head on her cheek, “This little creature is called a dragon. They can also sense magic only thing is they cannot use it as we can. He helped me learn what magic I know now and his name is Hughe.” Kaira gently waved at the little creature shyly saying, “Hello Hughe.” Upon hearing his name being called he look at Kaira and gently leaped off of Alice’s shoulder and landed on Kaira’s head gently sniffing it then lies down on it gently. “Well it seems that he approves of you as well.” Alice said smiling gently. Kaira smiled and her trust in Alice and Hughe had begun to grow as she spent time with them.

As time passed Kaira learned that Alice was the town healer and entertainer during the special events, making mystical showers of light appear from nowhere. Kaira was also taught how to tend to the villager’s fields and how to control her magic by Alice and Hughe. As she began to learn how to better control her magic and how to help around the town, she only felt vulnerable when the town would be attacked by raiders or bandits. She began to get fed up with the town not being able to progress when the raiders came and took all that they had. She asked Alice and Hughe to teach her how to use offensive magic. In response to this request Alice said, "We will teach you but only if you promise to use this magic to just defend. If you use the magic in revenge or anger you will be bound and trapped inside of a book that will be sealed until someone opens it and even then you will be bound to that person."

Kaira looked down thinking it over, then lifted her head, looked Alice in the eyes and said, "I will do whatever it takes to defend this village and its people." Alice smiled and nodded as Hughe jumped onto Kaira’s head and lay down as Alice said, "We will start training you tomorrow so get some sleep tonight but until then go practice with a sword you will need to know how to use one when I teach you how to use the magic." Kaira stared at her slightly confused then smiled and ran off to the blacksmith to ask if she could craft her own sword. As the days passed and Kaira learned to use a sword properly and to use the magic that Alice and Hughe taught her she began to defend the town when people came to try and steal what they had. She had become renowned as a hero for the unfortunate and many had come to challenge her to a battle thinking that she was just a woman and couldn't harm them.

Though she had almost always refused these challenges, accepting only when they attacked first or threatened to attack the town if she didn't fight, and despite her being known around the populace as an excellent bandit still attempted to ransack the town always being stopped by Kaira. Slowly the town began to grow as people began to move there to get away from crime and betrayal. As the town grew Kaira had more to protect and had begin to build a wall around the village when a band of raiders had walked up to her, the leader stepping forward to challenge her. After he issued his challenge Kaira simply said, "Sorry, I am a little busy at the moment." The leader of the raiders, angered by her remark, stepped forward and kicked down a small portion of the wall and knocked down a villager that was helping her. Kaira jumped down from where she was and helped the villager up telling him not to worry about the wall and to go home. As the villager ran, not home but to go get Alice, the raider leader laughed saying, "They say that you’re the strongest person to ever live, I knew that they were lying. How could someone like you with 'compassion' ever hope to beat me?"

Kaira looked at him and said confidently, "I can fight, and win, against people like you because I fight not for myself or material items. I fight for a proper reason that is worth fighting for, something a thief such as yourself would never understand." As Kaira turned to leave for the day the leader of the raiders picked up one of the stones and threw it at her claiming her to be a coward. As she stepped to the side and grabbed the stone out of the air and set it down she looked at them and said, "I would recommend that you leave now." The band of raiders all laughed as their leader yelled, "And what could you, a lowly woman, do to stop us!?"
"Well I could kill you but that just wouldn’t be me so I would still recommend that you leave."
The leader laughed and unsheathed his sword and pointed the tip towards her, you either fight me or I’ll kill everyone in this town." As he said this Alice ran up behind Kaira and put her hand on the hilt of her sword as Kaira said, "Don't worry Alice I can handle them".

Alice just nodded and stepped back as Kaira drew her sword saying to the raiders, "If I fight you, and win, then you and your men must leave this village alone and never return, you hear me?" The leader just laughed and said, "Fine but if I win our duel then this town must give all that it has to me and my men." Kaira looked him straight in the eyes saying, "If I must then I will." As Kaira unsheathed he sword the raider leader ran at her swinging his sword with a downward slash aimed for her head. As she blocked his attack with her sword she thrust he foot into his gut forcing him back. As he stepped forward and swung Kaira side-stepped and took his sword from him and pushed the tip into the ground and pointed her sword at him. "You have lost this battle now leave this place." she said as he stood. He began to turn but instead of leaving he took a dagger from his belt and threw it at Alice hitting her in the shoulder. Kaira, angered by his action, ran at him with her sword tip pointed at his heart, chanting one of the forbidden spells that would recreate him as stone, forever standing as a statue, but as he went to parry her attack with his sword he had yet to noticed that she had hardened her sword into a material stronger than his. As she thrust forward she gritted her teeth, piercing through his sword and straight through his heart. As he turned into solid stone she flipped the blade over inside him and pushed the blade, edge first, towards his shoulder, severing it from its socket. As she sheathed her sword, his severed arm fell and hit the ground shattering it into pieces. Kaira turned and walked towards Alice as the rest of the bandits began to run in fear of having the same fate as their leader.

Alice was already healing her wound when Kaira got to her. "Are you alright Alice?" Kaira said worriedly. "I am fine Kaira, but you have broken your promise to me. I am very sorry Kaira, but I have to do this you. I love you." Alice said as she spoke the spell to bind her to a book until she was released, while tears rolled down her cheeks. "I will miss you Kaira" Alice said as she finished the spell and Kaira began to disappear as she changed into the form she would be for many years, a simple book. As the transformation finished, Hughe jumped from Alice's shoulder and placed his claw upon the book and left a print there to leave the book sealed for years. Alice, now with tears running down her cheek, gently picked up the book and held it close to her as Hughe jumped back on her shoulder and rub his head on her cheek as she slowly walked home. When she got there she gently set the book on a pedestal where it would stay for many years. Alice knew that someone would have to defend the town and that she would have to train another to protect the village but today was a day of mourning as she had lost the closest thing to a daughter she had ever had. As time passed Kaira, trapped in the book, was able to see very little that was happening outside of the book and while she was in the book time had passed many times slower than it did outside. What was is one minute in Kiara’s new home was ten years on Earth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Story-read Empty
PostSubject: Re: Story-read   Story-read Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Story-read
Page 1 of 1